REQUIRED ITEMS LIST
Remember you will be on a remote desert island, so anything “special” you need you will have to bring with you.
Have you purchased Trip Cancellation Insurance?
portable USB chargeable mini-fan. ( available at Amazon)
- Your passport (don’t leave home without it)
- for COVID-19 facemask, hand sanitizer, hygiene habits
- Extra cash and credit cards (you’re a long way from home)
- A “headlamp” type flashlight and spare batteries(very important)
- Any Prescription medicines you may need
- A bed sheet (twin or double) and pillow case (required)
- Bathing towels and wash cloth
- A small, personal First Aid Kit (required)
- Spanish/English Dictionary
- One roll personal toilet paper (required)
- Toiletries: Soap shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.
- A large sun hat • Sunglasses
- Sunscreen, water resistant (clear Aloe Gator 40+ gel, broadspectrum…..highly recommended.(should be able to find at REI)
- Insect repellent (you might need it. (Mosquitos and no seeums are rare but on occaision they can show up)
- A light Jacket and a pair of long pants; The desert can get cool at night.
- Hiking boots or tennis shoes
- Sandals/Tevas/Reefwalkers/Aquasocks any footwear that can get wet repeatedly
- One (or more) large, contractor-quality plastic bags for each piece of luggage that you don’t want to get wet
- A dry bag for cameras or electronics
- A good sharp pocket knife (put in Check-in luggage).
- We have 110 volt and 12 volt charging capabilities at base camp.
- Digital cameras
- Cell phone (check with your service provider to coverage in our area of BCS, Mexico)
- A good book
- A day pack
- Your favorite snack food; trail mix, energy bars, cookies, etc.
- Your favorite wines
- Soy sauce and wasabi
- Fishing and snorkeling gear
- Saltwater Soap” (found at many boating and camping stores.)
- Travelers ding repair kit
- Proper wet suit protection, rash guard, booties and a light 1mm hood if needed
- Amphibious eye wear –www.spexusa.com
- FOR ANGLERS
- All the tackle you think you might need as there are no tackle shops on the island
- A Mexican fishing license online (required)
- Click here: sportfishingbcs.gob.mx
- FOR YOUR BOAT
- A Mexican fishing license for every person aboard
- 300 feet of anchor line
- Anchor Chain equal to the length of the boat
- An anchor line buoy is a good idea too!
- At least one spare anchor, with line
- At least one good VHF radio, Two are better.