Mag Bay Tours Resources
New at Mag Bay Summer Surf Camp – Internet
- You must bring down your own laptop or smartphone.
- AT&T and Verizon now have coverage in our area.
- We have 110ac and 12 volt dc to charge up your devices.
- Our Telcel Modem is subject to availability – There is only 1 device available and must be shared.
- The device works for Mac and Windows PCs.
- Not very fast, but hey, we’re connected!
HURRICANE AND SWELL WATCH
National Hurricane Center
“Please Consult alaskaair.com for more information”
REQUIRED ITEMS LIST
Remember you will be on a remote desert island, so anything “special” you need you will have to bring with you.
Have you purchased Trip Cancellation Insurance?
portable USB chargeable mini-fan. ( available at Amazon)
- Your passport (don’t leave home without it)
- for COVID-19 facemask, hand sanitizer, hygiene habits
- Extra cash and credit cards (you’re a long way from home)
- A “headlamp” type flashlight and spare batteries(very important)
- Any Prescription medicines you may need
- A bed sheet (twin or double) and pillow case (required)
- Bathing towels and wash cloth
- A small, personal First Aid Kit (required)
- Spanish/English Dictionary
- One roll personal toilet paper (required)
- Toiletries: Soap shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.
- A large sun hat • Sunglasses
- Sunscreen, water resistant (clear Aloe Gator 40+ gel, broadspectrum…..highly recommended.(should be able to find at REI)
- Insect repellent (you might need it. (Mosquitos and no seeums are rare but on occaision they can show up)
- A light Jacket and a pair of long pants; The desert can get cool at night.
- Hiking boots or tennis shoes
- Sandals/Tevas/Reefwalkers/Aquasocks any footwear that can get wet repeatedly
- One (or more) large, contractor-quality plastic bags for each piece of luggage that you don’t want to get wet
- A dry bag for cameras or electronics
- A good sharp pocket knife (put in Check-in luggage).
- We have 110 volt and 12 volt charging capabilities at base camp.
- Digital cameras
- Cell phone (check with your service provider to coverage in our area of BCS, Mexico)
- A good book
- A day pack
- Your favorite snack food; trail mix, energy bars, cookies, etc.
- Your favorite wines
- Soy sauce and wasabi
- Fishing and snorkeling gear
- Saltwater Soap” (found at many boating and camping stores.)
- Travelers ding repair kit
- Proper wet suit protection, rash guard, booties and a light 1mm hood if needed
- Amphibious eye wear –www.spexusa.com
- FOR ANGLERS
- All the tackle you think you might need as there are no tackle shops on the island
- A Mexican fishing license online (required)
- Click here: sportfishingbcs.gob.mx
- FOR YOUR BOAT
- A Mexican fishing license for every person aboard
- 300 feet of anchor line
- Anchor Chain equal to the length of the boat
- An anchor line buoy is a good idea too!
- At least one spare anchor, with line
- At least one good VHF radio, Two are better.
DOWNLOAD PACKING LIST
SATELLITE VIEW OF BAHIA MAGDALENA
Mag Bay Tours Gear
It is time to represent Mag Bay Tours on and off the island. Pick yourself up a tee today or better yet, get one for all your friends and family too! BUY
Mag Bay Tours Mug. BUY NOW
Mag Bay Tours women’s tees too! BUY NOW
Each expedition has very limited availability!
Special dates and custom trips are available at any time!
In Mexico: 613-104-8932, en Español
REQUEST SURF TOUR BOOKING